Monday, December 26, 2011

Panz Veggies - Vegan Chinese

Before anyone says anything, I want to let everyone know, I will try just about anything once when it comes to culinary adventures. So yes, I did voluntarily go for Vegan chinese food with my wife, and my friend Sarajane (author of the blog Vegan Chicks Rock). Living and working in Yaletown, one of my big pet peeves is that it is very difficult to find an affordable lunch. You are lucky to get out of most restaurants cheaper than $15 Dollars. I have a solution that is both affordable, delicious and a massive amount of food. Panz Veggies on Hornby St. offers up all vegan fair for $8 plus tax.



 At Lunch at Panz Veggies, the $8 lunch special is the only way to go. You get soup to start, a spring roll, your choice of steamed rice/fried rice/chow mein, your main dish, and dessert. For my liking, the chow mein has been better than either rice. You generally have a choice of about 8 main dishes which usually include a sweet and sour dish, a couple stirfrys, a lemony sauce thing, and a couple other choices. I especially love the fact that they have soya products that mimic meat. Don't ask me how, or what is in them, but they have soya sausage, soya short ribs and of course the usual tofu options. Everything I have tried at Panz has been great so far in 3 trips, and in my opinion, could be the best bang for the buck within a 10 minute walk from Yaletown. Be prepared, you get a ton of food, so don't be surprised to be in a little bit of a food coma when you get back to your desk. The biggest perk of this vegan chinese food is that you don't feel gross after gorging yourself. Don't get me wrong, I do miss some msg from time to time, but this is a great healthy alternative that will satisfy you enough to get you through the rest of your day. Please leave your comments, and happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment